Council Tax

Get tax and money saving tips with TaxBananas FREE email guides

Terms and Conditions is your FREE guide to tax. Helping you pay the right tax and to save money!

We are proud to be supporting the NSPCC

Council Tax Bands

Home > Council Tax > Council Tax Bands

Council Tax Bands

It is possible that you may be in the wrong council tax band. It is estimated currently that up to 400,000 homes in both England and Scotland are in the wrong council tax band. If your council tax band is wrong and is too high you could be overpaying council tax and could be entitled to a council tax rebate. A council tax rebate can potentially be backdated to 1993 so it is worth checking. It is also possible that you are not paying enough council tax if your tax band is too low. The government department you will need to contact for council tax issues is The Valuation Office Agency which is responsible for banding of all homes in England and Wales Council Tax, and is an executive agency of HMRC.

If you need to find out what your current council tax band is to help you check if you are entitled to a council tax rebate or for any other reason you can use the link below. You will need your current postcode to enter into the council tax band checker.

If you need to contact The Valuation Office Agency please find contact numbers below.

For England Telephone:
03000 501501

For Wales Telephone:
03000 505505 is here to provide you with FREE independent tax information to help you save money and pay the right amount of tax. does not provide tax advice and the information provided is to help give people a better understanding and does not constitute tax advice.

find TaxBanana on facebook  follow TaxBanana on twitter  Google+

© copyright, 2012. All Rights Reserved. About Us | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy & Cookies Policy | Sitemap | Top of Page ^