Helpful Tax Phone Numbers

If you are looking to contact the tax office ( HMRC ) for a general enquiry for example to change your address then using the main HMRC enquiry phone number is normally the best option. If you have more of a specific tax enquiry for example about self assessment online or VAT, it would be time saving to contact that particular department in the first instance.

With so many different types of tax and helplines checking the list below can help save you time in finding the best number for you:

  • Self Assessment includes:
    Self Assessment Helpline & Orderline
    Self Assessment Payment Helplines

  • Self Employed includes:
    Recently Self Employed Helplines
    Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) Helpline
    Capital Gains Tax Helpline for Self Employed
    National Insurance Self-Employed Helpline

  • More Tax Phone Numbers includes:
    HMRC Capital Gains Tax
    HMRC IR35
    HMRC Employers Helplines
    New Employers Helplines
    Excise & Customs Helplines
    Corporation Tax Helplines
    ISA & Savings Helplines
    Tax Charities