Tax Rebate

Get tax and money saving tips with TaxBananas FREE email guides

Terms and Conditions is your FREE guide to tax. Helping you pay the right tax and to save money!

We are proud to be supporting the NSPCC

Tax Refund - Car

Home > Tax Refund > Car

Car Road Tax Refund

Can I get a refund on my Car Tax/Vehicle Tax?

Who Can Claim?

If you are the registered keeper of a vehicle that is no longer used, you may be eligible for a Car Road Tax refund on Vehicle Tax that you have already paid. You need to inform the DVLA that the vehicle is no longer used, for example, it may have been sold, scrapped, stolen or subject to Statutory Off Road Notification. You can also claim a Car Tax refund if the vehicle has its Vehicle tax status changed, for example if you have recently been registered disabled. You need to inform the DVLA in advance of the time from which you wish to claim a Car Road tax refund.

 How Do I Claim?

To apply for a Car Tax refund on Vehicle Tax you should complete the form V14. It is important that you give full information, and that the name on the form matches the name on the vehicle registration, or your application may be refused. You should send the form V14 with your tax disc to the DVLA (Swansea, SA99 1AL)

 To Apply…

You can complete the V14 form online here:
(you will need to print the completed form) or you can collect one from your local Post Office.

If you do not have a valid tax disc, for example if the vehicle has been damaged or stolen, you should complete form V33. You can only obtain form V33 directly from the DVLA. If you need a copy of this form you should telephone DVLA Customer Enquiries or visit a DVLA local office.

For More Information See ... is here to provide you with FREE independent tax information to help you save money and pay the right amount of tax. does not provide tax advice and the information provided is to help give people a better understanding and does not constitute tax advice.

find TaxBanana on facebook  follow TaxBanana on twitter  Google+

© copyright, 2012. All Rights Reserved. About Us | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions | Privacy & Cookies Policy | Sitemap | Top of Page ^